STATEMENT OF FAITH
From its beginnings, the Church of God of Prophecy has based its
beliefs on “the whole Bible rightly divided.” We accept the Bible as God’s
Holy Word, inspired, inerrant, and infallible. We believe the Bible to be
God’s written revelation of Himself to mankind and our guide in all
matters of faith; therefore, we look to the Bible as our highest authority
for doctrine, practice, organisation, and discipline.
The Church of God of Prophecy is firm in its commitment to orthodox
1) We affirm that there is one God eternally existing in three persons:
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2) We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, the
physical miracles He performed, His atoning death upon the Cross, His
bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and
His personal return in power and glory at His Second Coming.
3) We profess that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the
salvation of sinful mankind. We believe the sinner is brought to an
awareness of the need for salvation through the convicting work of the
4) We believe that in sanctification by the blood of Christ, one is made
5) We affirm the present, active ministry of the Holy Spirit who guides the
Church and by whose indwelling and empowerment we are able to live
godly lives and render effective service to God and others.
6) We believe in the oneness and ultimate unity of believers for which
our Lord prayed, and that this should be visibly displayed “that the world
may know, see, and believe” God’s glory, the coming of His Son, and
the great love He has for His people (John 17:20-23).
7) We are committed to the sanctity of the marriage bond and the
importance of strong, loving Christian families.